Turtle Gourd Basket




 This first "Turtle" gourd I made was for a lady who has a turtle collection. We were trading plants and she decided that she would love a turtle gourd in trade for some plants I wanted. I was more than happy to make a custom gourd for her. She uses it as a basket to hold all her loose garden seed packets. 




A little later I made another Turtle gourd. This time a lady had seen the gourd I made for the plant trade and wanted one like it. I decorated both gourds with a carved handle and woodburning. I woodburned several turtles resting among the nodding violets. If you are interested in a gourd similar to these I'd be happy to custom make one just for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your Comments!

 

Flickr Photostream

link

Twitter Updates

Pinterest Feed