Silent Night, Holy Night . . . a very Merry Christmas to all!

Wanted to give a warm wish for a blessed Christmas season to all my blog readers! At the same time I thought to share one of my latest gourd creations I custom made for two sisters. They were looking for the perfect Christmas gift for their mother who collects both gourds and music boxes. After finding my Etsy shop they quickly inquired about making a gourd out of a music box. Of course I said yes, I thought it would be a perfect gift! I made the music box using an 18-note music box that plays Silent Night and decorated the gourd with silhouettes of the Nativity scene that I carved around with a special texture reminiscent of snow falling. Embossed silver stars dot the night sky. Three ribbons I carved and painted in gold serve to both separate each beautiful Christmas scene and unify the whole piece with elegance and majesty. The Bethlehem star draws the eye and serves as the knob to open the hinged lid.

May the Star of Bethlehem be your light throughout the coming year! Merry Christmas everyone! 


© 2013 Bernadette Fox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your Comments!

 

Flickr Photostream

link

Twitter Updates

Pinterest Feed